Friday, January 18, 2013

{This is Our life} 3.52 {This makes me wish I could freeze time}

Don't we all wish we could freeze time?  The moments the kids are playing harmoniously together, the giggles and grins, the chubby toes, the adoration in their eyes, the fun family vacations that you never want to end, and so on and so on...and then there are the times that you can't wait for bedtime, the school project to be over next week, the cries to be held in the middle of the night because you just want uninterrupted sleep.  Time.  We want it back, we want it to go faster, we want it to freeze.  It seems like we can't ever have enough of it especially when you are a mom and you see it go blazingly by.  

I know in 20 years this is a time I will want to go back to.  My 7 year old who's beautiful soul grounds me, my 5 year old's passion moves me, and my 2 year old is a perfect balance of independence and needing me.

 Freeze time when you are your child's most favorite jungle gym.
 Freeze time when videos and pictures will never be enough as you can't feel the touch of their soft hands in yours as they stare in wonder when you turn the screen around so they can watch themselves.
 Freeze time when your kindergartner feels that this is an acceptable way to go to school...sunglasses and all.








 Freeze time when siblings are your true and only best friends.

 Freeze time with those looks and the fun of playing simple memory.

 Freeze time when your heart shaped peanut butter sandwich is considered "gourmet".
 Freeze time when a hand-made cell phone (complete with apps) is all you need.
 Freeze time with paper dolls and being together with your sisters.
 Freeze time with innocence.


 Freeze time with me.


No comments: