Monday, January 7, 2013

{This is our life} 1.52 {Evening rituals}

 The papers and markers scatter the floor on any given day and into the evenings until I pick up the art, sweep crumbs off the floor and find missing marker lids that have rolled under the chairs.
Juliette loves to draw and I smile when I see all the "faces" she draws.  She labels them mommies, and daddies, and babies.  She also likes to write j (backward), o and t.
 Technology + my girls is a new thing for me.  I have always limited TV time and encouraged books and free play.  When the ipads come out it is another level of focus, more like zombie focus.  While my 2 year old can navigate an iDevice quicker then me, I find the "watching" another sister playing the iPad playing extremely intriguing.  

 This is so Isabelle.  I find her stretched on the floor playing often with Lizzy.  She plays (more like acts) like a cat and they bat each other back and forth.  It is so amusing to watch.
 My little bathing beauty.  Who knew that changing your perspective in the tub makes for such pretty bokeh?  Miss Juliette loves the bath...and looks forward (erhm...strips down to nakey) every evening in anticipation.





 After my shouts of "get ready for bed...pajamas, potty, brush teeth and read".
 This is your 2 minute warning before you get out...:)
 Clean and toweled Juliette waiting for me to apply her eczema creams.
 Time to brush your teeth
 "mama, I do it".
 Our counter always has globs of pink toothpaste everywhere.
 This photo was taken by Allie.  This is me doing my routine with Juliette...books, songs, "rocky", snuggle snuggle, "rocky" some more in the big brown chair.
The days of kissing these sweet little piggies are nearly over as they are becoming a little too stinky to smooch.  I read on a blog about on how instead of beginning milestones...we will also have the end.  Some of them are welcomed (i.e. carseats and diaper changes), while others are just heart-breaking to think about ending.  I wonder what I will miss most. 
 I posted this picture mainly because of Allie's little fingers with marker all over them.  Only after a bath do I see her hands, "color-free".
 Isabelle prefers to be in bed with Lizzy perched on her chest, "ballet" kitty close by and her nose in a book.
 Allie is quite a good little reader for her age and is already reading some chapter books.  She is a joy to listen to.  She has a sweet, high-pitched squeaky voice and her voice inflects like an adult would read.  She has also learned to read with a book facing outward and looking upside down at the pages like a teacher.
 I love this page from Dr. Seuss', "I can read with my eyes shut".  
The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
 Prayers, hug and kiss and ILOVEYOUS
Good night 


I hope to grow in my lifestyle photography as I am planning on taking part in a "lets do 52" weekly photography project.  It is titled "This is our life".

2 comments:

The Ludwig's said...

Beautiful. This makes teary knowing how fast our children grow. You captured the everyday things I don't want to forget.

The Sofianos Family said...

Jody, so beautiful and inspiring. It's true, these little "insignificant moments". will be so significant to us one day. I love how you've captured your nightly routine, i may have to use this idea for my own little cubs?