Tuesday, August 19, 2008





Clearly running away from the unpacking in Indianapolis, the girls and I took a trip to Iowa with the intention of seeing the grandparents and family. The drive was mind-numbingly long with occasional whining intermixed with sounds of Dora, Diego, and Barney. Ugh. It is the kind of drive that you lose track of where you are and how far you have gone. It is like you blink, and wonder, am I still on I-74? You know that old joke about Iowa...What is the state tree of Iowa? The telephone pole. You see alot of them. Not like miles of corn and soybean fields against a flat plain isn't beautiful...it is for about 5 minutes. So the story goes...but Isabelle, Allie and I made it to Solon where we stayed. Even though Allie took some warming up to the animals, Isabelle was in her element, spending every minute playing outside and experiencing the farm. The girls and I unfortunately came down with a summer respiratory illness and Isabelle gave Allie (and her poor cousin Emily) a case of the pink eye, so we weren't able to make it to see her other grandparents in Moravia! :( Sigh. We did have fun and had a wonderful time seeing the family that we could. My computer's hard drive is full and so I can't download all of the pictures yet, so there are more posts to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: