Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My biggest nightmare as a parent happened to my brother last weekend. My sweet, adorable nephew who was only 8 months old died suddenly during the night. It is so hard to understand why this had to happen to him. Dayton was full of happiness, loved to play and smile. It is difficult to fathom why this has to happen to any parent. My good friend said that God needs children in heaven to make it more beautiful. In all of the sadness and my heart breaking for the loss of him on earth, I have to believe that one day I will see him again. Our lives being touched by him, will never be the same, and with his passing will always be missing him. I pray for his angelic soul. I never thought that our family would be dealing with something of this magnitude, but you hear of it happening to other people all of the time. My faith in God is strong and to make sense of this, I have to think that there is a bigger picture to it all....one that I nor anyone is meant to understand. Sometimes the paths we travel are really quite different then the one that God has in store for us.

1 comment:

Judy Witt said...

Your writings about Dayton are beautiful and your family is so wonderful. When Darick was diagnosed with Leukemia our world seem to fall apart. We too could not understand why this happens. After years of searching we believe that as the Bible instructed we have to have faith of a child. Therefore, we don't know the answer, but we will know when the time is right. Know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Judy Witt