Monday, September 1, 2008

Nursey and pink kitty



Allie is officially weaned...I know, I know...17 months old...but breastfeeding in Europe is way easier and more accepted then here. I am sure our neighbors appreciated my night nursing (no screaming), and I know that the people on the airplanes and trains didn't mind me whipping it out (again, no baby screaming), and I know that Allie needed it too. It was a rough transition...lots of (you guessed it) screaming, beating my chest like a deranged monkey, cries for "nuh, nuh" (nursey)and tears. Last week, after my 5th day of her being completely weaned I became so sad and a little depressed...I guess it is the end of an era in her life...and mine too. But, she has become even more clingy...if that is possible, so I know that she still depends on me and she is the best little cuddler around.



If you look closely at the pictures in the past 3 years, chances are you can spot pink kitty in about 80% of the photos. Pink kitty is Isabelle's lovey and has slept with it since she has been around 5 months old. She started sucking her thumb at 3 months and I introduced kitty (idea from a friend), in that she would suck her thumb when she had kitty, and that I would take kitty away when she was about 3 or so and she magically would stop sucking her thumb. She does only suck her thumb with kitty, but now we are as attached to kitty probably more then Isabelle. We are down to one now, as the twin pink kitty is in Thuringia, Germany somewhere at a Tankstelle. We actually misplaced the other kitty the week before we moved back for about 24 hours...and that was a long day without it. Pink kitty will be saying goodbye sometime soon...shhh...Isabelle just doesn't know it yet.

No comments: