Thursday, April 4, 2024

4.4.2024


First college visit!  At the very best university in the Big 10, nonetheless.  We aren't biased or anything. ;)


Allie loved her tour...as did we...even though Iowa served up its most miserable weather for us, we had a great time!









I will even post a throwback to my marching band days!  Go HMB!!!




You've heard of Caitlin Clark, right?  We are big fans of womens's basketball and a huge fan of hers.


The Bourgeois invited us over for the BEST smoked BBQ ribs I think I have ever tasted.  A couple of games, some great company and a full stomach, we had a fun time!



 

It was a short visit, but a good one.  I am glad my mom is doing well.  

It was hard to see the empty chair in the living room that my Dad would sit in.  I do know he is in a better place free of pain and able to walk without trouble. He lived a very full life and I am grateful for that.  Aging is a gift. We got to go through some pictures and it is just amazing to remember how fast time flies.  I find myself looking in the background, past the smiling faces that are sometimes out of focus. Memories are rooted in a location, a living room, a field or a yard. I wonder what life was like for my Grandma and Grandpa back then as I see the hardworking hands and draft horses near the hay. I don't have a lot of pictures from childhood...lost in the moves, ruined in a musty, wet basement, chewed by mice in an attic...maybe not many were taken at all.  I do have a few...including most of my school pictures.  Juliette lined them up by grade and declared that she was keeping all of these.  I wonder if you see yourself in me.  I feel like all you girls are such a mix of your parents in looks...and certainly can see part of your personality reflected too.  


No comments: