Monday, August 21, 2017

233.365 {2017} Solar Eclipse


I was completely enthralled and was overcome with excitement with the eclipse...much more than I thought I would be.  Watching the footage on TV, I had instant regret on not taking the girls to a location to watch totality.  The girls had a middle school event that afternoon with the eclipse viewing and since Juliette did not have the opportunity to go outside with her class, I got her out a bit before dismissal so we could view it together.  Even with 91% cover we were able to get the eerie crescent shadowing and filtered haze that came over our partly cloudy day. It was just so cool!  Sadly, we had storms move in as it was peaking.   I can't wait until the eclipse of April 2024 when Indianapolis is 100% totality!





Juliette and dozens of crescent shadows.

No comments: