Tuesday, August 5, 2014

217.365-222.365 IowA



 The days you made a lot of new friends.  You would sit and then gather random straw and grass to pass through the fence.  You watched them so closely and gave them names.  My little girl in her pink dress and white sandals by the pig pen that loves the farm.

 The night we went to eat at Sutliff.  Grandma and Grandpa graciously took us for a great dinner and then an evening stroll on the historic bridge over Cedar River.  





 Isabelle and Grandpa.  I can't tell you how much this warms my heart to see this picture.  I am so glad that even though we live such a distance that you and your sisters can spend these bursts of time with your grandparents.  So much of our life we need to be purposeful and intentional with relationships.  






 After a few days on the farm you all beg for a dog of your own.
 These cornfields suffocated me when I grew up and I often couldn't wait to be free...now I find myself wandering back to the life I once lived to show you girls glimpses of my childhood...that cornfields and farms can so interesting and beautiful in their own way.  







 I think when Grandpa brings the piglets out to play, this is definitely one of your favorite moments of our visit.  You "ooooo" and "aaaah" and make the babies as comfortable as possible.  You cuddle and pet them and wish that we could take them home...that is until I show you the boar that they become.







No comments: