Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy happy Mother's Day!

Photo courtesy of Vicki Sofianos



Dear Daughters,

You are a dream realized, a wish come true, my everything and everywhere, my hopes and my fears, my fun and laughter.  I want you to know how deeply loved you are, how proud I am of you, how when I think of you my heart feels like it might burst.  My days begin and end with you and I am so joyful to be your mom.  There was a time that I was unsure if I would have a child of my own and here God blessed me on His own time...one...two...three beautiful girls, so perfect, so unique, so mine.  Just exactly the path I was meant to go on. 

I know I am far from ideal sometimes and I make so many mistakes and for that I am sorry.  I know I lack patience just like you at times and I am working on it.  I sometimes "check out" a bit and maybe don't focus on you enough and I apologize and will try to be better.  

I love how you embrace life, how you adore your sisters, how you help me to see this world differently and with such innocent eyes.

Isabelle, I love your sincere ways, your gorgeous smile, your pretty heart.  I love how you always want to do the right thing and how you still play with little girl toys and pretend with so much imagination.  You make me gasp at times with your (and your sisters) unassuming beauty.
  
Allie, I love your giggles, your animated way you talk, your crooked grin.  I love your passion to try new things and your freshly applied lip gloss every day before school.  You make me wonder about all of the amazing things you (and your sisters) will achieve some day.  You are all destined for greatness.

Juliette, I love the way your eyes disappear when you smile so big, your cuddles and your sassy self.  I love how you want to be a "big girl" while my heart breaks a little of how independent you are becoming.  You make me so happy and I thank you (and your sisters) for that.

Know that I am always here for you.  I tell you that and I know you have heard me so many times.  I will continue on this journey of motherhood with you by my side, getting taller, and smarter, and more pretty as the days go by and know my love for you.

I love you forever,

Mommy

No comments: